Thursday, January 24, 2013

Building My Board


Greeting Gamers, 

Went to Lowe's to pick up some components to build the beginnings of my game board. It's a 3'x3' platform I'm going to use for skirmish games such as: Malifuax, Pulp Alley, and Mercs. WarmaHordes and 40k may make an appearence though. How does subtracting 6'' from deployment zones and contact with table edge counts as cover sound?

Photobucket

It was easy as shit, and only required some screws and the wood (you may also need a drill unless you have Popeye forearms). The table top consists of three 1'bx3' boards, screwed them into a 2'x3' board. 

Photobucket

I added some legs to give me this raised platform to slide lists and cards under. 

Photobucket

Space is limited so the idea was to be able to slide the board behind the snake habitat.

Photobucket
That's perilous as shit

Photobucket

I used eight self-stick vinyl tiles (four grey, four brown) as the base of my modular play surface.

Photobucket

I just peeled the paper off and stuck the different colored tile back to back to make it a little sturdier. 


We played a four-player battle royal to celebrate.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

 Photobucket
Special thanks to Jermy Green and Tyler Crissup for the assistance/game. I'm pretty happy how its turned out so far. I'm excited to see how things progress. 


Later Players


-Garrett

1 comment:

  1. Kuzco shall capture the Dragon Orb! Game board is already awesome with more greatness to come!

    ReplyDelete